Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On the Cutting Table


I went to my local fabric shop the other day and I was taken by the beautiful array of spring fabrics on display. The silkiness of the the soft cottons. The adorable designs on the novelty fabrics. And, the enticing collection of the floral prints. Wow, if I could have a house big enough to store it all in, I would snap it up in a heart beat.

Well, I was fortunate enough to snag a few cuties for new projects I'm working on. I just love this cherries on the cotton fabric. Oh so cute!!! Don't you just hate cutting into cute and pretty fabrics??? Or, is it just me?
Well, let's see.... What is on my cutting table?
  • Cherries and red and white polka dot fabric
  • My rotary cutter - can't live without it
  • Gingher Dressmaker Sheers - I love these scissors.
  • A scallop-edged template
  • Cake pincushion - Yes, I actually do use the things I make.
Hmmm, something is missing. Where the heck is my ruler? Can't start without that. Well, stay tuned to see if i find the ruler. Until then, the fabric is safe for now.
;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just reminded me of what I meant to do today ~go looking for some new craft fabrics. Thanks ;)

By the way, did you find your ruler yet?

Crystal Creates said...

Thank you for your comments. Yes, the ruler was found under a pound of fabric. :)